✝️🔎TOPIC: BE PERSISTENT IN YOUR SEARCH FOR THE LORD
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 20:11 – 18(NKJV)
11. But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down [and looked] into the tomb.
12. And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13. Then they said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.”
14. Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing [there,] and did not know that it was Jesus.
15. Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, “Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away.”
16. Jesus said to her, “Mary!” She turned and said to Him, “Rabboni!” (which is to say, Teacher).
17. Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and [to] My God and your God.’ ”
18. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and [that] He had spoken these things to her.
Today, we celebrate Mary Magdalene, a woman who was persistent and consistent with the Lord Jesus Christ during His ministry following Him through to the cross and even the tomb. She was always where her Lord was. And thus, was given the privilege of experiencing the joy of being the first to behold the risen Lord and even the first to proclaim the good news of His resurrection. Peter, whom the Lord appointed as the leader, in the company of another disciple whom the Lord loved, rushed to the tomb, beheld the empty tomb, entered it, but did not remain there for long. They went back home. But Mary Magdalene stayed back, weeping and intermittently stooping down to look into the tomb. Her consistency paid off. First, she saw angels in white garment, sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. They responded to her pains. And then, she saw her risen Lord, and her sorrow turned to joy.
Dear friends, consistence and persistence in the presence of the Lord pays. It releases God’s power and gives us revelation and strength for the journey of faith. While others may hasten away, remaining with the Lord Jesus Christ, in your secret place of personal worship and even in public glare of right living, will bring you to experience the joy that others who do not persist miss. Like Mary, may your persistence bring you blessings beyond your imaginations.
Help me Lord to diligently seek You daily, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.