✝️🔎TOPIC: LET THIS MIND BE IN YOU
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 2:5- 11(NKJV)
5. Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
6. who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
7. but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, [and] coming in the likeness of men.
8. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to [the point of] death, even the death of the cross.
9. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10. that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11. and [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Behind every action, there is a motive. The reading for today explains the humility of our Lord Jesus Christ who, although could claim equality with God, made Himself of no reputation; took on the form of a servant and became like man. He went further to subject Himself to the death upon the cross. Our Lord was truly humble and obedient. The result was that He was given a name that is above every other name. The reason was because the Lord Jesus Christ had a sense of purpose, and the purpose was to work the works of His Father and to finish it (John 9:4).That was the reason for deliberately learning obedience even when it was not for convenient (Matt. 26:36-44); it was in His mind to glorify the Father.
As Christians, we should always look up to God for He is willing to do more than we desire (Ps. 75:6-7). As our passage shows, He demands our total obedience even when it is not convenient. Anyone who seeks to be exalted should be prepared to embrace obedience to the will of God. This is the way of Christ: this is the patterm of Christ’s life. In your activities today, seek to know and do the will of God. If you desire to see better days ahead, choose the way of the cross; the way of obedience to the will of God. When it seems more convenient to dance to the popular tune of the people, think twice because not all that glitters is gold. Christ’s heart cry was “Not as I will but your will be done”, even to the point of death. Choosing the things that please God is non-negotiable for every Christian. Seek to have this mind of Christ and you will never regret it.
Dear Lord, enable me to pursue such mind as was in Jesus Christ, that l might seek to do your will at all times.