WATCH THE DISCUSSION VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
7th Sunday after Trinity Jul 18, 2021
Family and covenant with the living God (10)
THE BANE OF A GODLY FAMILY—ANARCHY
Text: 2 SAM 13:1-31
1. To teach the concept of anarchy from the biblical perspective,
2. To explain further the causes of anarchy in society and
3. To discuss the means to overcome it through godly families.
Anarchy is a state of disorder due to absence or non-recognition of authority or other control systems. Anarchy penetrates into a family when the injunction of the Bible is abandoned. The Bible contains resources for Christians to live and raise godly families. In a godly family, human feelings and reasoning are not to be raised above or substituted for the teachings of the Scripture. The text for today’s study demands our serious attention with regard to how the Christian family can enjoy the peace of God.
1. How will you explain the word anarchy in line with today’s text? (1Sam 13:1-31)
2. From the text (1Sam 13:1-31) and in line with Rom 13:2 who were the agents of anarchy, how and why?
3. Carefully read Esther 4:10-17 and analyze what we are expected to do in fighting for our fundamental human rights and freedom in Christ without turning to anarchy in the family and society. Romans 13:1-2; Galatians 5:13.
As Christians, our family members are to radiate the light of peaceful co-existence so as to exert a peaceful influence on society. To do this, we should always be careful to address every grievance, cheating and oppression in a godly and peaceful manner so as to have peace in the family.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
While fighting for your rights, let God be in charge of the situation.
Gal 5:13: “For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another”.