✝️🔎TOPIC: JESUS THE TRUE LIGHT
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 1:6-13(NKJV)
6. There was a man sent from God, whose name [was] John.
7. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.
8. He was not that Light, but [was sent] to bear witness of that Light.
9. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
10. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
11. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.
12. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
13. who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John the Baptist came to bear witness concerning Jesus Christ as the true Light. Christ came into the world in human nature; He came in to save a lost world. Although Christ created the world, the people He created did not recognise Him, but all who welcome Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives are reborn spiritually, receiving new life from God! Through faith in Christ, this new birth changes us, rearranging our attitudes, desires and motives. In the same way natural birth makes us physically alive and places us in our parents’ family, being born again makes us spiritually alive and puts us in God’s family. This fresh start in life is available to all who believe in Jesus Christ.
Like John, you and I have been sent by God as witnesses of the Light. We have the responsibility of drawing men to the light (2 Cor. 5:18). By His spirit and grace He saves all who come to Him. We therefore should partner with Him in bringing this great demonstration of love to all mankind. The starting point is for all who are yet to receive Him to confess their sins and repent and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. Have you asked
Christ to make you a new person?
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Lord help me to be an effective witness of Jesus Christ and to always reveal the Light of God in me everywhere I go. Amen.