A detachment of Policemen has sealed off the National Secretariat of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) based on orders of the Inspector General of Police (IGP).
The Nation also learnt that the IGP will be meeting with the two camps of the party National Working Committee (NWC) at the force headquarters by 1pm.
It was gathered the order, which was handed down through the FCT Commissioner of Police, to the APC Chief Security Officer, instructed members of the National Working Committee(NWC) are not allowed entrance to the party headquarters.
A party source said the seal off was to enable the Police boss and the two NWC groups review and discuss the various court orders being brandished.
Court bars Obaseki from PDP primaries
The Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, has restrained the Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki from participating in the governorship primary election organised by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state.
The court presided over by Justice E.A. Obile gave the order in pursuant to a motion exparte dated June 22 filed by one of the PDP governorship aspirants, Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama.
The suit listed the defendants as Prince Uche Secondus, Emmanuel Ogidi, Chief Debekeme Boyleyefa, Senator James Manager, Ajibola Muraina, PDP, Godwin Obaseki and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The court granted the prayers of the plaintiff restraining the PDP and its officials from allowing Obaseki, any member or non member other than those that purchased forms and were screened within the time stated in the timetable to participate in the primary election rescheduled for June 25th for the purpose of nominating or electing a candidate for the year 2020 governorship election in the state pending determination of the motion on notice.
The judge said: “That order of interim injunction is granted restraining INEC from further recognising or accepting Obaseki or any other person as candidate of the PDP other than those name of the plaintiff or that of other applicants, who have already purchased nomination forms and were screened within the time stipulated in the PDP’s timetable for the nomination process for the 2020 governorship election in Edo State”.
The court further gave orders for substituted service on the defendants and accelerated hearing of the matter.
While also granting an abridged time within which the defendants could enter appearance and file their respective counter affidavits, the court adjourned the matter to June 24.
Presidential aide congratulates Ize-Iyamu on APC ticket
The Presidency has congratulated Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu over his emergence as flagbearer of the All Progressives Congress(APC) for the Edo Governorship election slated for September 19.
Ize-Iyamu won the direct primary conducted by the party across various wards in the state with a huge margin.
In a congratulatory message, a Senior Technical Assistant on Media to President Muhammadu Buhari, Louis Odion, described Ize-Iyamu’s victory as a demonstration of his capacity to unite the APC in Edo behind a common purpose and expressed confidence of victory at the polls in September.
“With his victory, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu has demonstrated a capacity to unite APC in Edo behind a common purpose. Doubtless, he will lead APC to victory in the governorship polls on September 19,” he said.
Ize-Iyamu emerges Edo APC guber candidate
Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu on Monday emerged the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the September 2020 election.
Imo state governor, Hope Uzodinma declared Ize-Iyamu winner of the direct primary defeating Pius Odubu and Osaro Obazee.
Results of Edo APC guber primary
A) Edo South Senatorial District:
1. lkpoba-Okha LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,581. Osaro Obazee = 67. Dr. Pius Odubu = 99.
2. Oredo LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,902. Osaro Obazee = 308. Dr. Pius Odubu = 67.
3. Orhionmwon LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,750. Osaro Obazee = 171. Dr. Pius Odubu = 418.
4. Ovia Northeast LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,650. Osaro Obazee = 70. Dr. Pius Odubu = 124.
5. Ovia Southwest LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,668. Osaro Obazee = 79. Dr. Pius Odubu = 108.
6. Uhunmwode LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,394. Osaro Obazee = 183. Dr. Pius Odubu = 274.
7. Egor LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1794. Osaro Obazee = 53. Dr. Pius Odubu = 81.
B) Edo Central Senatorial District:
1. Esan Central LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,333. Osaro Obazee = 114. Dr. Pius Odubu = 170.
2. Esan Northeast LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1 467. Osaro Obazee = 139. Dr. Pius Odubu = 176.
3. Esan Southeast LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,400. Osaro Obazee = 144. Dr. Pius Odubu = 205.
4. Esan West LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,455. Osaro Obazee = 162. Dr. Pius Odubu = 220.
5. lgueben LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1 300. Osaro Obazee = 178. Dr. Pius Odubu = 251.
C) Edo North Senatorial District:
1. Etsako Central LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1 333. Osaro Obazee = 238. Dr. Pius Odubu = 326.
2. Etsako East LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,529. Osaro Obazee = 105. Dr. Pius Odubu = 196.
3. Etsako West LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,754. Osaro Obazee = 150. Dr. Pius Odubu = 262.
4. Akoko-Edo LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,335. Osaro Obazee = 185. Dr. Pius Odubu =262.
5. Owan East LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,606. Osaro Obazee = 162. Dr. Pius Odubu = 230.
6. Owan West LGA – Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu = 1,537 Osaro Obazee = 216. Dr. Pius Odubu = 307.