✝️TOPIC: JUDGE NOT
📺WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS YOUTUBE LINK BELOW 👇🏻
✝️📖TEXT: MATTHEW 7:1-6 (NKJV)
1. “Judge not, that you be not judged.
2. “For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
3. “And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?
4. “Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank [is] in your own eye?
5. “Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
6. “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
To judge means to form an opinion or conclusion or to decide cases in a case law court. Judging leads to condemnation or commendation and these two words are vastly different. To condemn is to express complete disapproval of someone or something while commendation is to praise formally or officially. Our Lord Jesus said ‘judge not that ye be not judged.’ However, 1 Corinthians 2:15 says that the spiritual man judges all things.
Do not make carnal judgements because you are bound to make mistakes. Seek the leading of the Holy Spirit. In 1 Samuel 16:6, the Prophet Samuel in anointing the successor of Saul nearly made a costly mistake. He looked at the physical appearance of Eliab, the first son of Jesse and to other elder sons of Jesse. He concluded by saying, “Surely, the Lord’s anointed is before me.” The Lord told him, “Man looks at the outward but God looks at the heart.” If a man like Samuel could have made such an expensive mistake, it behoves on all to seek God’s guidiance in judgements. When some men came with the woman caught in adultery, Jesus told them, anyone without sin should cast the first stone and all left one after the other. The Lord Jesus told the woman, “Neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more.” In judging people, look inwards first and make sure you are not guilty of the same offence.
✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord, may your Spirit lead me always especially in passing judgements on people.