DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
✝?TOPIC: PRAISE THE LORD ANYHOW, ANYWHERE AND ANY TIME
? WATCH THE DEVOTION HERE ??
✝?TEXT: PSALM 149(NKJV)
1. Praise the LORD! Sing to the LORD a new song, [And] His praise in the assembly of saints.
2. Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; Let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
3. Let them praise His name with the dance; Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp.
4. For the LORD takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation.
5. Let the saints be joyful in glory; Let them sing aloud on their beds.
6. [Let] the high praises of God [be] in their mouth, And a two-edged sword in their hand,
7. To execute vengeance on the nations, And punishments on the peoples;
8. To bind their kings with chains, And their nobles with fetters of iron;
9. To execute on them the written judgment — This honour has all His saints. Praise the LORD!
In our reading today, we are enjoined to praise God with dancing, with tambourine and harp. Verse 5 enjoins us to praise God for joy even as we lie on our beds. Why should we praise the Lord anyhow! The reason is that the Lord is our Maker; without our aid, He did us make. Again the Lord delights in us and He crowns us with victory and salvation whenever we humble ourselves. The Lord honours the faithful. When we praise the Lord, He will execute vengeance on the nations that hate us and punishment on the people who afflict us. The Lord will bind the kings and leaders that trouble us with fetters and shake and execute judgement against them. God executed judgement against Jericho and pulled down its wall.
One of the ways you can defeat your spiritual and physical enemies is by giving true and pure praise borne out of holiness and gratitude to God. Jehoshaphat praised his way to victory and defeated Moab and Ammon(2 Chronicles 20:21, 22). If you understand the power of praise, you will concentrate more effort into praising the Lord than in chasing your enemies and praying for their death. Praise God always, and He will fight your battles!
✝? PRAYER: Heavenly Father, please teach and help me to praise you with a holy heart and in the beauty of your holiness.
Sing Hymn A&M 166, stanza 1:
All people that on earth do dwell
Sing to the Lord with cheerful voice
He serve with fear His praise forth tell
Come ye before Him and rejoice.