WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️🔎TOPIC: DON’T BE TOO AMBITIOUS
✝️📖TEXT: LUKE 22:24 -30(NKJV)
24. Now there was also a dispute among them, as to which of them should be considered the greatest.
25. And He said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those who exercise authority over them are called ‘benefactors.’
26. “But not so [among] you; on the contrary, he who is greatest among you, let him be as the younger, and he who governs as he who serves.
27. “For who [is] greater, he who sits at the table, or he who serves? [Is] it not he who sits at the table? Yet I am among you as the One who serves.
28. “But you are those who have continued with Me in My trials.
29. “And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed [one] upon Me,
30. “that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.”
In today’s reading, the argument was about who should be
considered the leader/head. Jesus said leadership is not based on the position one is holding or what one claims to be but on what God sees one to be in His vineyard. We must have the spirit of our role model – Jesus Christ! It is important for us to be holy and faithful wherever God has assigned us to be. Ambition is a good thing but being too ambitious is a sin. Whatever your aspiration would be, don’t be too desperate. Leadership is a gradual process. If you are a leader, you are called to serve those under you.
As we celebrate St. Bartholomew, one of the Apostles of Jesus Christ today, we need to learn from his humility and commitment in carrying out the Great Commission during his time. We are encouraged to be sincere and faithful to the assignment before us, just like Bartholomew was!
Lord, please give me the spirit of humility that I may serve You acceptably in Jesus’ Name. Amen!