✝️🔎TOPIC: UNITY IN DIVERSITY
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 17:20-26(NKJV)
20. ” I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;
21. “that they all may be one, as You, Father, [are] in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
22. “And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:
23. “I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
24. “Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
25. “O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me.
26. “And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare [it,] that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”
Unity is one of the fundamental principles of the Christian faith (Rom. 12:5; Gal. 3:28; Phil. 1:27). In the immediate context our text today, Jesus was speaking of the Apostles. However, in the extended context, Jesus was speaking of the Church. Jesus desires that the Church may be one as He and His Father are one (v.21). He prayed earnestly for the oneness of the believers. Jesus knew that His disciples and the believers to come would have diverse opinions, talents, gifts and offices in the ministry (1 Cor. 12:4-11: Eph. 4:11). Therefore, He prayed that they would have the spirit of being one in Christ. By so doing, the unity will be extended to all believers through tolerance of one another’s diversity.
Our prayer and goal should be that every Christian should be one with all their brothers and sisters in Christ. No one can claim to be one with Jesus and at the same time, does not seek unity with all those who believe in Jesus. It is when the Church is one that the world will believe (v.21). Therefore, let us embrace oneness in the body of Christ. By so doing, the unity will be extended to all believers through tolerance of one another’s diversities.
✝️🤔FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
“And if a house is divided against itself, that
house cannot stand” (Mark 3:25).