✝️🔎TOPIC: TESTIMONY OF NEW LIFE IN CHRIST
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 3:7-11(NKJV)
7. But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ.
8. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ
9. and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which [is] from the law, but that which [is] through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
10. that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
11. if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
In our reading today, Apostle Paul makes it clear that the Christian life is not a ceremony or an outward display of religiosity, but a new life in Christ through an inward spiritual change. Paul was born and circumcised a Jew, trained to be zealous in law, and a Pharisee but his encounter with Jesus did not only make him put aside religious ceremonies and his status, but also gave him the strength and focus of heaven. He said, *But whatever gain I had, l counted as loss for he sake of Christ” – he considered all as loss because of a surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus. He warned the
Philippians to beware of the Judaisers who appeared to be religious. He noted that true believers are not those who carry out a ceremony put a mark on their bodies, but those who have received the new life in Christ through an inward spiritual change.
The Bible says “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has passed away, behold, the new has come” (II Cor. 5:17). Has everything become new in your life since you encountered Jesus? Just as Paul was not overcome by the old man but constantly gained victory over the flesh, so must your life reflect the beauty of the risen Lord on a daily basis! Beloved, you have nothing to lose for choosing to live the life of Christ. Your encounter with Jesus should give you a new life, living only to the praise and glory of Christ.
Dear Lord, I surrender my life to You today, help me to live my life in Your praise and glory in Jesus’ Name. Amen.