✝️🔎TOPIC: CHRIST THE LIVING WORD
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 1:1-5(NKJV)
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. He was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
John begins his gospel account by re-echoing Genesis 1:1 in order to connect God’s act of creation with Christ’s deity. John shows Jesus as fully God and fully human. He refers to Jesus Christ as “The Word.” He is the Word of God, through Him the nature and mind of God is revealed. Christ was in existence with God before the creation; He was not created. He is the Creator. Through Jesus (the Word), God’s purpose in and for the world is fulfilled. The
Word is Life and Light; the Word is living and active (Heb.4.12).
It is important that we know Christ and walk in His light that will lead us to God. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. When we follow Him as the light, we will avoid walking blindly and falling into sin. He lights the path ahead of us so that we can see how to live. He also removes the darkness of sin from our lives. Have you allowed the light of Christ to shine into your life?
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: O Lord, thank you for coming to fulfil the work of creation and redemption, help us to live and walk in the light and power of your Word. Amen.