✝️🔎TOPIC: BEING CONTENT
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 3:22-29(NKJV)
22. After these things Jesus and His disciples came into the land of Judea, and there He remained with them and baptized.
23. Now John also was baptizing in Aenon near Salim, because there was much water there. And they came and were baptized.
24. For John had not yet been thrown into prison.
25. Then there arose a dispute between [some] of John’s disciples and the Jews about purification.
26. And they came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Jordan, to whom you have testified — behold, He is baptizing, and all are coming to Him!”
27. John answered and said, “A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven.
28. “You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, ‘I am not the Christ,’ but, ‘I have been sent before Him.’
29. “He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice. Therefore this joy of mine is fulfilled.
John the Baptist. a forerunner of Jesus preached the baptism of repentance for the remission of sin. In our text today, His disciples brought a report that Jesus was baptising and all the people were going to him. John in humility explained to them that he would only operate within his God-given ministry because one cannot receive anything except it is given from above. John made it clear that he was not the Christ but was only sent to herald the coming of the Christ. John expressed his joy being full as Jesus began His ministry: he likened it to that of a friend to the bridegroom, who rejoices with the bridegroom.
Today, the body of Christ and the work of God continue to suffer because of unnecessary controversies, rivalries, “pull-him-down” syndrome (PHD). To be more effective, the body of Christ should strive for greater unity in pulling down every strong-hold of Satan. We must be content with our spiritual gift and not compare ourselves with others. It shows immaturity and leads to envy and
spiritual pride. Like John, we operate our God-given talents in humility.
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Please Lord; help me to be content with my gift and service
in Your vineyard. Amen.