✝️🔎TOPIC: JESUS- THE TRUE VINE
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 15:1-5(NKJV)
1. “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2. “Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every [branch] that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3. “You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
4. “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5. “I am the vine, you [are] the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
Jesus Christ admonishes His disciples on what should be their relationship with Him. He informs them in a parable, that He is the true Vine, His Father is the Vinedresser and believers are the branches. Jesus further points out the importance of believers staying connected to Him through faith, so that they may be fruitful. Those who do not bear the fruit of the Spirit will be cut down andburnt. However, those who produce fruits will be pruned by God, so they can become more fruitful.
God diligently watches over His Church to ensure that it prospers. It is required of us to be productive in bringing men into the kingdom and to avoid being fruitless, we must stay in union with Christ. Those who do not abide in Christ though may seem to flourish for a while but they will ultimately come to nothing. Let us seek to live much more simply on the fullness of Christ and to grow more fruitful in every good word and work, so that our joy in Him be full. Christians should cultivate an enduring relationship with Christ through reading, living out and obeying God’s word.
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Father grant me the grace to continually abide in you so
that I may be productive. Amen.