✝️🔎TOPIC: JESUS- THE LIVING WATER
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 4:9-15(NKJV)
9. Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.
10. Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”
11. The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water?
12. “Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?”
13. Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again,
14. “but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”
15. The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.”
Preaching the gospel was at the heart of Jesus. In Acts 1:8, He instructed His disciples to carry the gospel to Judea, Samaria and to the ends of the earth. Jesus sets the foundation in our text today as He reached out to a Samaritan woman. Jesus had asked her for a drink (v.7). She was shocked and replied, “How is it that You, being a Jew ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” She said this because Jews had no dealings with Samaritans. In the conversation, Jesus reveals that there is a different kind of water He offers – the Living Water whoever drinks of it will never thirst again. This Living Water becomes a fountain of water springing into eternal life. The woman not understanding what Jesus meant, asked for this water.
Jesus Christ is the Living Water. Life outside of Him is void and futile. Only He can bring true meaning and balance to our lives. When you drink of Him, you will have abundant life that becomes a spring to affect others around you. He invites everyone: Come and quench your spiritual thirst! Will you come?
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Lord Jesus, may Your Living water flow out of my life that I may never thirst again. Amen.