✝️🔎TOPIC: MARY VISITS ELIZABETH
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: LUKE 1:39-49(NKJV)
39. Now Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, to a city of Judah,
40. and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth.
41. And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
42. Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed [are] you among women, and blessed [is] the fruit of your womb!
43. “But why [is] this [granted] to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44. “For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
45. “Blessed [is] she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord.”
46. And Mary said: “My soul magnifies the Lord,
47. And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
48. For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed.
49. For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy [is] His name.
As soon as Angel Gabriel ended up his discussion with Mary, she proceeded to visit her relative, Elizabeth. As she entered the house, she greeted Elizabeth who was already pregnant. As soon as she heard her voice, the baby in her womb leaped for joy. This action of the unborn baby in the womb was immediately noticed by the mother who then spoke by the leading of the Holy Spirit. In verse 42, Elizabeth said: “Blessed are you among women and blessed is the child you shall bear.” Mary rejoiced and praised God on hearing
Elizabeth’s comment in verse 46.
Her statement was a confirmation of what the angel had discussed with Mary. God does not leave anyone in darkness whenever He wants to use such a person as His instrument for a particular purpose. Mary was called blessed because she accepted to be the mother of our Saviour, by believing all that the angel told her. Her faith and humility are worth emulating. This should not make her an object of worship as some do in error. Like Mary, let us learn to rejoice and believe every word of prophecy in God’s word concerning us because believing is the key to its fulfilment.
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Grant me the grace, dear Lord, to believe every true
prophetic word for my life.