✝️🔎TOPIC: THE WISDOM OF GOD
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 7:10-20(NKJV)
10. But when His brothers had gone up, then He also went up to the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.
11. Then the Jews sought Him at the feast, and said, “Where is He?”
12. And there was much complaining among the people concerning Him. Some said, “He is good”; others said, “No, on the contrary, He deceives the people.”
13. However, no one spoke openly of Him for fear of the Jews.
14. Now about the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and taught.
15. And the Jews marveled, saying, “How does this Man know letters, having never studied?”
16. Jesus answered them and said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.
17. “If anyone wants to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or [whether] I speak on My own [authority.]
18. “He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
19. “Did not Moses give you the law, yet none of you keeps the law? Why do you seek to kill Me?”
20. The people answered and said, “You have a demon. Who is seeking to kill You?”
From our passage today, the fact that Jesus eventually went to the feast suggests that He received instructions from God. Jesus was not moved by the suggestion of his brothers to be known by all, but He chose to enter the feast secretly. He did not want a public confrontation with the religious leaders who desired to kill Him (v.11). In the middle of the feast, after everyone had settled down, Jesus publicly went to the temple to teach the word of God. This brought another point of argument between the religious leaders and the common people. They argued that He did not have a rabbinical education; yet, He taught the word of God (vv.14 &15). The key to this secret is best known to Jesus who had chosen to do the will of God and relied on God’s wisdom. He was always in communion with His Father.
There is wisdom from above to anyone who desires to learn from God. It is available at all times to those who do not seek their own glory. rather the glory of He who sent them (vv.17&18). Once you have decided to make yourself available for His tutelage, He will teach you what you ought to know!
Help me, O Lord, to always seek Your wisdom and not to rely on my own understanding, in Jesus ‘Name. Amen!