✝️🔎TOPIC: ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 14:8-17(NKJV)
8. Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
9. Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
10. “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own [authority;] but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
11. “Believe Me that I [am] in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
12. ” Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater [works] than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
13. “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. “If you ask anything in My name, I will do [it.]
15. ” If you love Me, keep My commandments.
16. “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever —
17. “the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
Philip, one of Christ’s disciples, did not understand the mystery behind God-the oneness of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He said to Jesus: “Show us the Father and it will be sufficient for us (v.9). Jesus answered him: “He who has seen me has seen the Father.” In effect. they are one. not two separate persons. Are you also confused about their distinctive oneness? Today is Trinity Sunday; we remember the unity of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in their distinctive personalities. Trinity is a theological term that is not found in the bible but is used to affirm that God Himself is manifested through Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit. The scripture says, “Listen O Israel, the Lord our God is one. “This is expressed in
so many activities/functions performed by the God- Head, E.g., in creation (Gen 1:26), and Christ’s baptism (Matt. 3:16-17).
In verses 13- 14, Jesus guarantees His disciples answers to their prayers when they ask. He gives an open cheque to them to ask Him anything. Anything implies all things. This promise belongs to us His children. Why not cast all your cares on Him now? He is faithful and will do them.
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: All my cares, l cast at Your feet, Oh Lord.