✝️🔎TOPIC: BE CONCERNED ABOUT NATIONAL WELFARE
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 16:12-24(NKJV)
12. “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear [them] now.
13. “However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority,] but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare [it] to you.
15. “All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare [it] to you.
16. ” A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father.”
17. Then [some] of His disciples said among themselves, “What is this that He says to us, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me’; and, ‘because I go to the Father’?”
18. They said therefore, “What is this that He says, ‘A little while’? We do not know what He is saying.”
19. Now Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him, and He said to them, “Are you inquiring among yourselves about what I said, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me’?
20. “Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy.
21. “A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
22. “Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
23. “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.
24. “Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
Jesus had previously told His disciples about His departure from them but their aggrieved hearts would not allow them to understand greater things that would eventually happen in their lives. For example, the destruction of Israel as a nation was gradually drawing close. Note that Jesus had already prophesied the destruction of Jerusalem in Matthew 24. In spite of this, the disciples had not yet comprehended that Jerusalem and the nation of Israel were doomed for destruction. Even after the resurrection of Jesus, they still asked concerning the restoration of all things (Acts 1:6). They were still nationalistic in their thinking, and thus, were not at this time prepared to fully accept the fact that a great national tragedy was about to come upon Israel. Beloved, let us learn not to allow our personal challenges to make us unconcerned about looming tragedies in our national life. The passage also teaches about the Holy Spirit. He reveals the mind of God (v.12), speaks of both the present and the future and guides believers into all truth – about God, future, present, relationships, etc. He also brings glory to God. Please note that He Is not our errand boy, to do what we want. We are therefore obliged to accept completely the mind of God for our lives, family and the
church. This is the only way our prayers will make impact. Let us always work with the Holy Spirit.
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Father teach me to be sensitive and prayerful about issues
n my nation. Help me also to maintain a daily walk with the Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.