WATCH THE DISCUSSION VIA THIS YOUTUBE LINK BELOW 👇🏽
4th Sunday after Trinity June 27, 2021
Family and Covenant with the living God (6)
THE ESSENTIAL OF GODLY FAMILY- JOY
TEXT: GEN. 21:6, GEN 24:67; JOHN 15:11-17
1. To understand the concept of Joy in a family
2. To teach the conditions for a joyful and godly family
Joy is a feeling of great pleasure and happiness or felicity that is evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires. Spiritually, it is the inner deep gladness that one has regardless of prevailing circumstances around one’s life. The texts reveal some of the sources of human joy and happiness. However, Christ has taught and shown us the basis for fullness of physical and spiritual joy. We shall study this today.
1. Explain the concept of Joy with regard to family life. Gen 21:6, Gen 24:67- Compare 1Sam 1:5-7
2. What is the basis for heavenly joy with reference to Zeph. 3:15-17; Luke 15:6-7?
3. What are the conditions of Joy in a godly family? Psalm 113:9; 127:3; Isaiah 8:18; Prov 31:10-11; 1Pet 3:7.
4. How can Joy be sustained in a family? Ps 16:11, 71:23.
Only the King of kings who rules over heavens where there is no sorrow but everlasting joy; can give unconditional joy. Therefore, let us continuously allow Him lead us so we may have joy both in this world and in heaven.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Heavens rejoice when they see forgiven sinners in Jesus Christ.
PSALM 16:11 “Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore”.