✝️🔎TOPIC: MY FOOD: DOING THE WILL OF THE FATHER
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 4:31-38(NKJV)
31. In the meantime His disciples urged Him, saying, “Rabbi, eat.”
32. But He said to them, “I have food to eat of which you do not know.”
33. Therefore the disciples said to one another, “Has anyone brought Him [anything] to eat?”
34. Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.
35. “Do you not say, ‘There are still four months and [then] comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!
36. “And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.
37. “For in this the saying is true: ‘One sows and another reaps.’
38. “I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored, and you have entered into their labors.”
Jesus’ disciples returned from the city of Sychar where they went to buy food and urged Jesus to cat. But while they talked of physical food, Jesus talked to them of spiritual food. Jesus was consumed with a different kind of passion. Jesus’ pre-occupation was to maximise time: To preach the gospel, bring in harvests and prepare men and women for eternal life. His zeal and commitment to the business of the Father was astounding. Though physically hungry at that time. He would not miss the opportunity to share His father’s love with the Samaritans because of food. He was completely sold out to His purpose and mission.
You may never know what the kingdom of God stands to gain from the little time you give up on food, leisure and game in order to preach the Good News to someone. Do you sometimes downplay the urgency for evangelism for the sake of bread or other material comfort? The seed of the word you are able to plant in someone’s life may bring immeasurable harvest in the future. In John 9:4, Jesus said I must work the works of Him who sent Me, while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work.” How deep is your conviction? How committed are you to the father’s business? It is high time you got serious in the place of your primary assignment in the kingdom.
Lord Jesus, rekindle my zeal to preach the Gospel, and
send labourers into Your vineyard. Amen.