TOPIC: WORRY IS A KILLER
📺 WATCH THE DEVOTION HERE👇
TEXT: MATTHEW 6:25-34 (NKJV)
25. ” Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
26. “Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
27. “Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28. “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;
29. “and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30. “Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, [will He] not much more [clothe] you, O you of little faith?
31. “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
32. “For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33. “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
34. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day [is] its own trouble.
The average man has a lot of issues facing him daily: From his immediate and extended families, church, work-place, daily events, etc. Each of these attracts his attention and requires his time. energy and resources. Therefore the tendency to worry is natural. However the Lord Jesus said, “Take no thought for tomorrow (v.34). He said we should not worry about mundane things of life like food and clothing. God who cares for the lilies and beautifies the grasses which can be cut down at will, cares for us.
“For your Father knows the things you need of before you ask Him” (Matt. 6:8). God cares! What are you worrying about? The Corona virus was ravaging the world and putting everyone into fear and confusion as this was being written. Cast your cares upon the Lord, He cares for you. Reflect on the Word of God. Sing spiritual songs. These and others are food for the soul and mind. Philippians 4:8 enjoins us on what to meditate on: Things that are noble, just, pure, lovely and of go0d report. By worrying, you cannot add a single hair to your head. Jesus asked us to seek first the kingdom of God and its righteousness and all these things we worry about shall be added to us (Matt. 6:33). Can you trust Christ enough
with your problems?
✝️🙏 PRAYER: Lord Jesus, please help me to seek first the kingdom of
heaven so that my worries will vanish.