DATE: FRIDAY, 6TH – SUNDAY, 8TH AUGUST, 2021.
PRAYER GUIDE FOR
DAY 1- FRIDAY, 6TH
1. Praise and Thanksgiving to God for his love for the Church, and in extension, for Nigeria.
2. Appreciate God for His reign and rule over the Church of Nigeria and her leadership. His protection that we have continued to enjoy (Psalm 24:1-2; Ps 103:1-3).
3. Thank God that despite the troubles over Nigeria, His mercy has continued to keep the nation.
4. Despite our wickedness, His mercies have prevailed over all manner of atrocities going on in the land.
SECTION B: CONFESSION OF SIN & REPENTANCE
5. Repentance at personal and corporate levels (Read 2Chron.7:13-14, Prov.14:34): over disobedience for bloodshed for hardened hearts, infighting, pollution of God’s sanctuary, offering strange fire (Lev.10:1-2), wastage of resources, etc.
6. Prayers of Repentance for our nation, over all the atrocities, bloodletting, kidnappings, violence, insincerity, evil works, increase of political terrorism, and selfish agenda, etc Palms 32,51, Neh. 9; Dan. 9; Lev. 26:40-42.
Deut.32: 1-3: Bring repentance on behalf of the Church and body of Christ for sins and iniquity that have not allowed our priesthood to be effective far above the prince of darkness.
8. Repent over the pains we are causing Him through the wickedness of our lives.
9. Pray that God will give His Church a mighty voice to denounce sin in the nation especially in this season of unbridled pervasion and injustice.
10. Pray that the spirit of repentance will sweep through the church and nation. Let there be brokenness of spirit in the midst of God’s people in the church and the nation.