The Primate of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, The Most Rev. Dr. Henry Ndukuba has announced the newly elected Dean of the Church of Nigeria, two Archbishops, and four Bishops for the Church after a successful Episcopal Synod held at the Basilica of Grace Anglican Church, Abuja on Tuesday 6th June 2023.
The Primate who announced this in a press statement to ACNNTV called on members of the church to support and pray for the newly elected Bishops and Archbishops as they go into their new places of assignments.
Those elected as bishops are;
- Venerable Collins Babalola for Ajayi Crowther Diocese
- Venerable Festus Nwafili for Ndokwa Diocese
- Venerable Ifedola Okupevi for Lagos Diocese
- Venerable Ebenezer Saika for Akoko Edo Diocese
The Archbishop-Elects are;
- The Most Rev’d Dr. Michael Fape of Remo Diocese for Lagos Province
- The Rt. Rev’d Timothy Yahaya of Kaduna Diocese for Kaduna Province
The Dean-Elect for the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion is The Most Rev’d Blessing Enyindah who is currently the Archbishop of the Province of Niger Delta.
Archbishop Ndukuba said that other processes of confirmation, training, enthronements of the newly elected Bishops and presentation of the Dean and Archbishops would follow in due time as necessary Constitutional and Canonical steps would be taken.
He noted that training of the Bishops-Elect will take place in July while consecration follows in August.
CoN Communication Officer