✝️🔎TOPIC: GOD’S TIME IS THE TIME
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: John 7:1-9(NKJV)
1. After these things Jesus walked in Galilee; for He did not want to walk in Judea, because the Jews sought to kill Him.
2. Now the Jews’ Feast of Tabernacles was at hand.
3. His brothers therefore said to Him, “Depart from here and go into Judea, that Your disciples also may see the works that You are doing.
4. “For no one does anything in secret while he himself seeks to be known openly. If You do these things, show Yourself to the world.”
5. For even His brothers did not believe in Him.
6. Then Jesus said to them, “My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready.
7. “The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil.
8. “You go up to this feast. I am not yet going up to this feast, for My time has not yet fully come.”
9. When He had said these things to them, He remained in Galilee.
Jesus continued His ministry in Galilee in order to avoid Confrontation with the Jewish leaders of Jerusalem, for it was not yet time for the crucifixion. His earthly brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas (Matt. 12:46; 13:55) at this time did not believe Him to be the Son of God (v.5). Their desire for Him to go to Jerusalem was possibly based on the fact that Jesus might be the Messiah of a physical kingdom, for which all Israel had hoped for to make Him king (v.3). Jesus was not carried away by the thought of men to gain public recognition in Jerusalem, especially during the feast where multitudes would be gathered (v.4). Rather, He chose to appear at the appropriate time that would be better in God’s sight.
It is better to know God’s plan for your life and walk in His divine timing. Jesus would have chosen to gain a public recognition and face the consequence. He knew that the Jews hated Him and sought to kill Him (vv.1&7). That would have been the end of His ministry, ‘dying at the feast’, instead of dying on the cross. ‘Always walk in God’s agenda for your life and don’t be carried away by human factors. In anything you do, always know that God’s time is the time. is divine timing helps us to have a safe landing.
✝️🤔FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Discover your purpose; don’t struggle to do what others have grace to do.”