✝️🔎TOPIC: JESUS: THE LAMB OF GOD
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 1:29-34(NKJV)
29. The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
30. “This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who is preferred before me, for He was before me.’
31. “I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.”
32. And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him.
33. “I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’
34. “And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.”
John the Baptist describes Jesus in a unique way – “The Lamb of God.” The reference to a lamb easily reminds us of the blameless animal that sacrificed by the Jews. John must have chosen this title to refer to Jesus’ mission both as sacrificial offering and His subsequent conquest of all evil powers. John came as a preacher of repentance but deliverance from the power of sin comes from Jesus only. Jesus takes away the sins of the world and purchases pardon for all who repent and believe the gospel. John the Baptists’ baptism by water was preparatory because it was for repentance and symbolized the washing away of sins. Jesus by contrast would baptize with the Holy Spirit to empower us to live and teach the message of salvation.
True humility is the basis for greatness in our walk with Christ. When you are content to do what God wants you to do and let Jesus Christ be honoured, God will do great things through you. John says, “I have seen and testify that this is the Son of God”(John 1:34). Can you testify that Jesus is the Son of God and Lord over your life? In a world where people are looking for security, our duty
is to point them to Christ and to show them that He is the Way.
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I exalt you over everything in my life, help
me to testify by the way l live that You are Lord over my life. Amen.