✝️🔎TOPIC: EPAPHRODITUS: A FAITHFUL SERVANT
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 2:25-30(NKJV)
25. Yet I considered it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker, and fellow soldier, but your messenger and the one who ministered to my need;
26. since he was longing for you all, and was distressed because you had heard that he was sick.
27. For indeed he was sick almost unto death; but God had mercy on him, and not only on him but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.
28. Therefore I sent him the more eagerly, that when you see him again you may rejoice, and I may be less sorrowful.
29. Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness, and hold such men in esteem;
30. because for the work of Christ he came close to death, not regarding his life, to supply what was lacking in your service toward me.
Yesterday we considered the selflessness of Timothy whose major concern was the advancement of the work of the Lord Jesus Christ in the church. Today we see another of his kind, Epaphroditus, he also had the testimony of being a brother, fellow worker, and fellow soldier of Christ. He ministered to the needs of Apostle Paul, was also a messenger for the Philippians and had a longing for them all. He was committed to ministering to others and even while sick, his thoughts were toward the welfare of the church. What a man!
Today, in the church and even society, there are men and women committed genuinely to the welfare of God’s people and to the advancement of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. But many of them are being discouraged because of the attitude of a few who would not work and who would not want others to work. They backbite, blackmail and peddle negative stories to discourage those committed to true service. Sanballat and Tobiah did the same against Nehemiah while he was making frantic efforts to rebuild the wall of Jerusalem (Neh. 4:1). We are encouraged today to hold such men who labour, not for their own interest but for God and His church, in high esteem. We should encourage them by our words of appreciation and praise. This will encourage them to keep going in the midst of adversities.
Dear father, help me to respect and appreciate those who selflessly serve Your church and grant those who labour the courage to continue in Jesus’ Name. Amen.