✝️🔎TOPIC: JOHN- A HALLMARK OF HUMILITY
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 3:30-36(NKJV)
30. “He must increase, but I [must] decrease.
31. “He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.
32. “And what He has seen and heard, that He testifies; and no one receives His testimony.
33. “He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
34. “For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
35. “The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.
36. “He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
In our text today, John promotes Jesus to the world in real terms- from personal and revealed knowledge about Him. John in his testimony acknowledges Jesus’ superiority over him. He was not consumed by the lust for self-glory. He distinctly asserted that he must decrease while Christ alone must increase. Humility is a priceless virtue. In Luke 7:28, Jesus acknowledges that “amongst those born of women, there is no greater prophet than John the Baptist yet John was humble enough to say that He (Jesus) must increase while he must decrease.
Are you already exulting in self-glory because of the
seeming exploits God is doing through you? Remember that pride goes before destruction (Prov. 16:18). Take a moment and learn from John-allow Jesus to increase in your life while self decreases. Accept the testimony of Jesus as the Son of God and you will have everlasting life. If however you rebuff this testimony, you will see the wrath of God. Note that religion does not save. Only Jesus can save.
Lord please make me humble, because You will never share your glory with any man. Amen.