WATCH THE DISCUSSION VIA THIS YOUTUBE LINK BELOW 👇🏽
3rd Sunday after Trinity June 20, 2021
Family and Covenant with the Living God (6)
THE ESSENTIAL OF GODLY FAMILY- PEACE
TEXT: PSALM 34:11-15; MARK 9:50; TITUS 1:6-9,
1. To explain the concept of peace
2. To teach those virtues expected from a peaceful Christian family and
3. To analyze how a peaceful family can transit into a peaceful society
Peace can be defined as a state of security or order within a community provided for by law or custom. Peace can summarily be said to be freedom from civil disturbance. It is in God’s plan that we have a godly family filled with the peace of God so much that we can pass this to other families resulting in the birth of a peaceful society (Mark 9:50). What then are the virtues that characterize a peaceful and godly family?
1. Simply define peace in the context of Tit 1:6-9 and identify the value placed on the father, as head of the family.
2. It is the plan of God that Christians have or raise godly and peaceful families. Why is there no peace in some families today? Gen 25:27-28; 1Timothy 5:8
3. Explain the value placed on godly family in Mk 9:50 and how a godly family can impact peace on the society? 2Co 13:11; Eph. 4:29; Col 4:6; Heb. 12:14.
As Christians, Christ is our peace and He has reconciled us together with His blood, let us therefore pursue all that will bring peace in our individual lives so that our lives in families can transit into a tranquil society.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Peaceful families make a peaceful society.
Mark 9:50 “Salt is good, but if the salt loses its flavor, how will you season it? Have salt in yourselves and have peace with one another.”