🎯TOPIC: JESUS:THE LORD OF ALL
📺 WATCH THE DEVOTION VIA THE LINK BELOW 👇
✝📖TEXT: Matthew 12:1-8(AMP)
1. AT THAT particular time Jesus went through the fields of standing grain on the Sabbath; and His disciples were hungry, and they began to pick off the spikes of grain and to eat. [Deut. 23:25.]
2. And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, See there! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful and not permitted on the Sabbath.
3. He said to them, Have you not even read what David did when he was hungry, and those who accompanied him–[Lev. 24:9; I Sam. 21:1-6.]
4. How he went into the house of God and ate the loaves of the showbread–which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for the men who accompanied him, but for the priests only?
5. Or have you never read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple violate the sanctity of the Sabbath [breaking it] and yet are guiltless? [Num. 28:9, 10.]
6. But I tell you, Something greater and more exalted and more majestic than the temple is here!
7. And if you had only known what this saying means, I desire mercy [readiness to help, to spare, to forgive] rather than sacrifice and sacrificial victims, you would not have condemned the guiltless. [Hos. 6:6; Matt. 9:13.]
8. For the Son of Man is Lord [even] of the Sabbath.
✝🗒STUDY: Jesus’ disciples plucked heads of grains and ate on the Sabbath day was because they were hungry. When the Pharisees saw this, they complained to Jesus that His disciples were doing what was not lawful on the Sabbath. However, gleaning a handful of grains from a neighbour’s field to satisfy immediate hunger was permitted (Deut. 23:25).Jesus gave them the example of David who ate bread meant only for Priests on the Sabbath day, and also gave to his followers to satisfy their immediate hunger, and was counted guiltless.<br>The essence of the Sabbath law is to work out God’s glory. That is why Jesus healed the sick and did many miracles even on the Sabbath. If you find yourself in a position of authority in the Church, fellowship or public service, please make laws that are fair and glorify God. Do not make laws to intimidate, or entrap your enemies or opponents. Isaiah 10:1 says that if you make such unrighteous and obnoxious laws, you are under the curse of God. In all things, remember that Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath and Lord over all situations. Is He your Lord? If not, make Him your Lord today.
✝🙏 PRAYER: Father, help me to love what you love and do what you would do. Amen.
TO PARTNER/SUPPORT ACNNTV IN REACHING OUT TO THE WORLD WITH THE UNDILUTED WORD OF GOD, MAKE YOUR DONATIONS VIA OUR WEBSITE 👇
Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion ACNN ACCOUNT
Thank you as you join the Kingdom Partners today….