DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Thursday November 2 (All Souls Day)
TEXT: John 5: 24-29
24. “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
25. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
26. For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,
27. and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
28. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29. and come forth— those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
John 5:24-29 NKJV
TOPIC: LIFE THROUGH OBEDIENCE
In vs. 25-29, Jesus specifically identifies Himself as the long-awaited Messiah who is both the “Life-Giver” and the “Life-Bringer”. He uses the power of His Word to bring new life to those who are spiritually dead with no consciousness of sin or sorrow for their rebellion against God. Do you find yourself in that situation? The good news is that Jesus Christ has the power to redeem you and give you new life if you respond to His invitation to make Him Lord of your life. However, Jesus also warns that those who refuse His invitation now will face condemnation in future and will face an eternity outside of Christ. Basically, what we do with Jesus here decides how and where we will spend eternity.
If you are reading this thought this morning but you are not sure of your eternal destination, today is your opportunity to make things right with God, by asking Jesus to come into your life. Do not delay!
Prayer: My Father, I am sorry that I have lived my life without thought of You and my eternal destination. Help me to come alive again through genuine repentance as I feed daily on your Word. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.