*DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL*
*TOPIC*: ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE
WATCH THE DEVOTION VIA THE LINK BELOW
*TEXT*: Mark 9:14-29(NKJV)
14. And when He came to the disciples, He saw a great multitude around them, and scribes disputing with them.
15. Immediately, when they saw Him, all the people were greatly amazed, and running to [Him,] greeted Him.
16. And He asked the scribes, “What are you discussing with them?”
17. Then one of the crowd answered and said, “Teacher, I brought You my son, who has a mute spirit.
18. “And wherever it seizes him, it throws him down; he foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth, and becomes rigid. So I spoke to Your disciples, that they should cast it out, but they could not.”
19. He answered him and said, “O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him to Me.”
20. Then they brought him to Him. And when he saw Him, immediately the spirit convulsed him, and he fell on the ground and wallowed, foaming at the mouth.
21. So He asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?” And he said, “From childhood.
22. “And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.”
23. Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things [are] possible to him who believes.”
24. Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”
25. When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!”
26. Then [the spirit] cried out, convulsed him greatly, and came out of him. And he became as one dead, so that many said, “He is dead.”
27. But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose.
28. And when He had come into the house, His disciples asked Him privately, “Why could we not cast it out?”
29. So He said to them, “This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting.”
*STUDY*: As spiritual issues, demonic operations defy common medical solutions as we see in our text. The young boy in our text was badly oppressed and manipulated by evil spirits. It was a power beyond him, his parents and even the disciples. This young man was tormented with deafness, dumbness, suicidal tendencies, and more. Everyone was helpless. When Jesus appeared, the boy’s father said to him, “…But if you can do anything, have pity on us and help us” (Mark 9:22).
Jesus made it clear to him that all things are possible to him who believes. Jesus commanded the unclean spirit and it left the boy and he was healed. What are your problems: Bad dreams, barrenness, debts, strange sicknesses, delay in marriage, spiritual attacks, poverty, unemployment, etc? Come to Jesus today and He will liberate you! All you need to do is believe; all things are possible to him that believes.
*PRAYER*: Help our unbelief oh God and deliver us from doubts. Teach us to believe you in all things in Jesus’ name. Amen.
TO PARTNER/SUPPORT ACNNTV IN REACHING OUT TO THE WORLD WITH THE UNDILUTED WORD OF GOD, MAKE YOUR DONATIONS INTO:
Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion ACNN ACCOUNT