✝️📗DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
✝️🔎TOPIC: GOD: THE MASTER PLANNER
📺WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇
✝️📖TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 2:26-37 (NKJV)
26. ” And I sent messengers from the Wilderness of Kedemoth to Sihon king of Heshbon, with words of peace, saying,
27. ‘Let me pass through your land; I will keep strictly to the road, and I will turn neither to the right nor to the left.
28. ‘You shall sell me food for money, that I may eat, and give me water for money, that I may drink; only let me pass through on foot,
29. ‘just as the descendants of Esau who dwell in Seir and the Moabites who dwell in Ar did for me, until I cross the Jordan to the land which the LORD our God is giving us.’
30. “But Sihon king of Heshbon would not let us pass through, for the LORD your God hardened his spirit and made his heart obstinate, that He might deliver him into your hand, as [it is] this day.
31. “And the LORD said to me, ‘See, I have begun to give Sihon and his land over to you. Begin to possess [it,] that you may inherit his land.’
32. “Then Sihon and all his people came out against us to fight at Jahaz.
33. “And the LORD our God delivered him over to us; so we defeated him, his sons, and all his people.
34. “We took all his cities at that time, and we utterly destroyed the men, women, and little ones of every city; we left none remaining.
35. “We took only the livestock as plunder for ourselves, with the spoil of the cities which we took.
36. “From Aroer, which [is] on the bank of the River Arnon, and [from] the city that [is] in the ravine, as far as Gilead, there was not one city too strong for us; the LORD our God delivered all to us.
37. “Only you did not go near the land of the people of Ammon — anywhere along the River Jabbok, or to the cities of the mountains, or wherever the LORD our God had forbidden us.
Have you ever got confused when you decided to carry out a divine instruction from God and met with stiff obstacles? I had that experience when I was divinely instructed by God to apply for a job with an organisation. I met with such stiff opposition for so many months that I doubted on many occasions whether I actually heard from God. I almost gave up in many instances but somehow God got people to encourage me till I succeeded. This is similar to the scenario in today’s passage where God clearly instructed the lsraelites to take the land of Heshbon as their inheritance. Sihon, the King of Heshbon, declared war though Israel came in peace. Little did the Israelites know that God planned a legal platform to enable them acquire the land of Heshbon (v.30). The battle was fought and Israel inherited the land after victory.
God is a master planner, so do not be discouraged
by the challenges confronting you as long as you are in His will. God knows how to turn around situations for our good. The confrontations by the ‘Sihons’ are platforms for greater testimonies to the glory of God. He will surely give you victory and fulfil His divine plans in Jesus name.
✝️🙏 PRAYER: God please help me not to lose faith in Your divine
instructions because of challenges in Jesus ‘Name. Amen.