✝️🔎TOPIC: THE CITIZENSHIP OF GOD’S NATION
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 21:10-14(NKJV)
10. ” When you go out to war against your enemies, and the LORD your God delivers them into your hand, and you take them captive,
11. “and you see among the captives a beautiful woman, and desire her and would take her for your wife,
12. “then you shall bring her home to your house, and she shall shave her head and trim her nails.
13. “She shall put off the clothes of her captivity, remain in your house, and mourn her father and her mother a full month; after that you may go in to her and be her husband, and she shall be your wife.
14. “And it shall be, if you have no delight in her, then you shall set her free, but you certainly shall not sell her for money; you shall not treat her brutally, because you have humbled her.
The Israelites engaging in war against their enemy nations was a usual security activity. They were also permitted to choose wives from among the war captives from other nations except a nation like Canaan. It was necessary and important that such a captive from uncircumcised nations pass through a period of cleansing (shaving of the head, trimming of nails, removal of clothes and mourning of her parent for full one month). This was compulsory because she was going to be grafted to the flock of God’s people.
Our passage today is symbolic to soul-winning and conversion. The spiritual exercises of confession, repentance, absorption and engrafting to the body of Christ, is done with the help of the Holy Spirit. We are challenged to note that those who still live in the old nature are yet to be converted to Christ, irrespective of whatever office they occupy in the Church. The woman (unbeliever), until she performs the conversion rites, remains unclean and unfit for marriage to an Israelite (Christ). Are you engrafted into Christ? Would you be fit for the marriage of the Lamb at the second coming of Jesus? Let us answer these questions and make today historic and celebrated in heaven.
“Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.. “(Hebrew 10:22-24).
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: God prepare me worthy of Your kingdom marriage supper.