✝️🔎TOPIC: EXPERIENCING CHRIST
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: LUKE 9:28-36(NKJV)
28. Now it came to pass, about eight days after these sayings, that He took Peter, John, and James and went up on the mountain to pray.
29. As He prayed, the appearance of His face was altered, and His robe [became] white [and] glistening.
30. And behold, two men talked with Him, who were Moses and Elijah,
31. who appeared in glory and spoke of His decease which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.
32. But Peter and those with him were heavy with sleep; and when they were fully awake, they saw His glory and the two men who stood with Him.
33. Then it happened, as they were parting from Him, [that] Peter said to Jesus, “Master, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah” — not knowing what he said.
34. While he was saying this, a cloud came and overshadowed them; and they were fearful as they entered the cloud.
35. And a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!”
36. When the voice had ceased, Jesus was found alone. But they kept quiet, and told no one in those days any of the things they had seen.
Today marks the annual commemoration of the transfiguration of our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus took along Peter, James and John to the mountain for prayer and there He was transfigured. The radiant transformation of his facial appearance and the glittering whitening clothes teach His purity and nature. The appearance of Moses and Elijah establishes the summation and unity of the law and the prophets (the Old Testament) in Him (Jesus). It also reveals the interpretation and fulfillment of the same. The voice that came from heaven afterwards, confirmed His Sonship, His Lordship and His Messianic fulfillment (1 Corinthians 15:27). From the previous verses of our text (Luke 9:18-20), Jesus’ transfiguration events evidently sustained the response of Peter about the person of Christ – Jesus is the Christ of God (not Elijah or any of the prophets). It was an important exercised for the disciples towards the spread of the gospel.
This is a gospel assignment that must keep spreading to the uttermost parts of the world. Every disciple is expected to have a personal experience and encounter of Jesus. This serves as the basis for every Christian to witness Christ (2 Peter 1:16-19). Do you have this personal salvation experience in Christ? Without the experience of Christ, the word of God may not in any way be meaningful to us.
Lords Jesus, endow me with the grace to grow in You and
sustain the same till the end. Amen.