✝️🔎TOPIC: GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: Mathew 18:1-16(NKJV)
1. At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2. Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them,
3. and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
4. “Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5. “Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
6. ” But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7. “Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!
8. “If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast [it] from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.
9. “And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast [it] from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.
10. ” Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.
11. “For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.
12. “What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying?
13. “And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that [sheep] than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray.
14. “Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.
15. ” Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
16. “But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’
The disciples came to Jesus with a fundamental question of who is the greatest in the kingdom of God. Jesus made it clear that it is only those who possess childlike characters that will inherit the kingdom of God. He explained this to his disciples using the most appropriate example of a child’s attitude towards everything around him. By implication, Jesus is saying that whoever wants to inherit the Kingdom of God must emulate a childlike humility and servant-like heart.
Note the comments of Jesus in verses 4 and 5. Christ establishes the spirit and style by which our authority as Christians should be exercised (Matthew 11:14). If you want to be great in the kingdom of God, you must be humble. You must willingly submit to God and His will. God honours the humble and He exalts them in due time (I Peter 5:6). Submit yourself to his will, be humble. and you shall be great in His kingdom.
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Lord clothe me with the garment of humility, so I may exhibit the virtues of Your kingdom in Jesus’ Name. Amen!