✝️🔎TOPIC: BLESSINGS IN DISGUISE
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 1:12-18(NKJV)
12. But I want you to know, brethren, that the things [which happened] to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel,
13. so that it has become evident to the whole palace guard, and to all the rest, that my chains are in Christ;
14. and most of the brethren in the Lord, having become confident by my chains, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
15. Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from good will:
16. The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains;
17. but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel.
18. What then? Only [that] in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.
According to our passage today, the difficult situation Paul found himself in (imprisonment because of the testimony of Christ) helped spread the gospel. This shows that some positive results unexpectedly came out of the difficult or negative situation. This shows the unlimited and unrestricted extent to which God can use His children. Not even the prison could hold Paul back from being relevant in the scheme of the Kingdom of God. His imprisonment further enhanced the proclamation of the gospel; gave him more confidence to preach the Word of life to such a point that highly the message of the risen Lord (vv. 12-15). placed individuals and important places were deeply touched with
Beloved, God is not restricted to our own methods in winning souls to His kingdom. He can use anybody or situation in favour of His kingdom. Those we look down upon can still be used as instruments in God’s hands to show the way of salvation to others. In addition, our ugly or unpleasant situations are not enough to create a setback for the proclamation of the gospel; God can use medium any to bless His children and announce His glory (v.12). What we need is the spiritual and calm insight to discern the hand of God working out things in our favour, even in the worst situations of our lives. God loves us so dearly that whatever He permits in our lives is for the good of His Kingdom and the blessings of oue lives. He woks through every peron and situation to fulfil His purpose at every point.
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Thank you Lord because I know everything is working for my benefit and Your Kingdom.