✝️🔎TOPIC: LEARN TO PRAY FOR OTHERS
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 1:1-11(NKJV)
1. Paul and Timothy, bondservants of Jesus Christ, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:
2. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4. always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,
5. for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now,
6. being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete [it] until the day of Jesus Christ;
7. just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace.
8. For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.
9. And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,
10. that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ,
11. being filled with the fruits of righteousness which [are] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
Paul, though in prison at the time of writing this epistle, was filled with joy about the care the Philippian believers showed to him. He thus wrote to appreciate them and encourage them to continue in unity, love and humility. He also warned them against false teachers. Today’s passage shows how Paul prayed earnestly for the spiritual growth of the Philippian Church (vv. 3-9). He desired passionately to see them grow in spiritual matters.
As a member of the Body of Christ and a local congregation, have you ever thought of praying seriously for your congregation and the servants of God ministering to you? It is our Christian duty to pray earnestly for the needs of others; it is a spiritual service God desires every Christian to engage in. When you sincerely pray for others, God Himself takes care of your needs. Cultivate the habit of praying for the nation, the society, the Church as a whole and your local congregation without leaving out the people close to you (1 Tim. 2:3). It is a most honourable service before God today as it was in Paul’s day (Vv. 3-4). A person who prays for others criticises less. Rise up in your spirit and make praying for your family members, colleagues, friends and others around your daily spiritual task. You
can never regret doing so.
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Lord, give me grace to always remember others in my daily prayers in Jesus Name. Amen.