✝️🔎TOPIC: DO NOT BE UNBELIEVING BUT BELIEVING
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 20:24-29(NKJV)
24. Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.
25. The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
26. And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!”
27. Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand [here,] and put [it] into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
28. And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
29. Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed [are] those who have not seen and [yet] have believed.”
To believe is to have faith in someone or something; to consider a statement to be true. Our text reveals a post-resurrection appearance of Jesus to His disciples who were behind closed doors for fear of the Jews (v. 19). What a comforting experience to the disciples who had been disillusioned, downcast and sad. He appeared to them to prove that He is risen, to encourage them and to bless them (vv. 20-21). Alas, Thomas was not there to share in the all-enriching experience. Other disciples related the experience to him but he insisted “unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side. I will not believe”(v.25). Eight days later, Jesus appeared again to rebuke his unbelief (vv. 26-27) with the words – “Do not be unbelieving but believing… “(v.27).
Though we are grateful to God for Apostle Thomas’ action which proved to us beyond every reasonable doubt that the person who appeared to the disciples was Jesus and not an impostor as some critics would want us to believe, yet Jesus rebuked his unbelief. There is need for us to know whom we believe. Thomas ability to rise from the dead. Do you know whom you believe’? Who us’ had followed Jesus for about three years, yet he doubted Jesus is Christ to you? Do not fall into the error of Thomas. Believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus and be saved. Jesus says- “Blesse are those who have not seen and yet believe ” (John 20:29).
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Lord, help me to know and trust You more, in Jesus Name. Amen.