✝️🔎TOPIC: JESUS SAVES THE BEST FOR THE LAST
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: JOHN 2:1-12(NKJV)
1. On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there.
2. Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding.
3. And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.”
4. Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.”
5. His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do [it.”]
6. Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece.
7. Jesus said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” And they filled them up to the brim.
8. And He said to them, “Draw [some] out now, and take [it] to the master of the feast.” And they took [it.]
9. When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom.
10. And he said to him, “Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the [guests] have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!”
11. This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him.
12. After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days.
Jesus, His mother, Mary and His disciples were invited to a wedding in Cana, Galilee. The wedding party ran out of wine an immediately the mother of Jesus drew His attention to the challenge. She was confident that He could provide solution to the problem. Jesus was hesitant, stating that His hour had not yet come. This was indicative that He was more concerned with spiritual rather than the social needs of the people. Mary, however, turned to the servants and instructed them, “whatever He says to you, do it.” Jesus eventually instructed the servants to fill six jars with water and serve. The question was “why did you keep the best for the last?”
There is a time and season for everything under the heavens – though it was not yet Jesus’ time, He still performed this first miracle to display His power over nature. The best decision anyone can make is to invite Jesus into his/her life – He turns situations around for good to those who believe in Him. As a Christian, who do you turn to when you face challenges? Do not also forget that the key to receiving blessings from the Lord is: “Whatever He tells you to do, do it!”
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Thank you Jesus for I know that delay is never denial, help
me to always trust in Your good plans for my life. Give me the grace
to be obedient to Your word always. Amen.