WATCH THE DISCUSSION VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
16th Sunday after Trinity Sep 19, 2021
6: Marriage and Covenant with the living God (5)
ABUSE OF MARRIAGE COVENANT WITH THE LIVING GOD- 1- HOMOSEXUALITY.
TEXT: Gen 18:20-21; Gen 19:1-11; Lev 18:22; Lev 20:13; Rom 1:27; 1Tim 1:10
1. To examine the act or practice of homosexuality in human life,
2. To establish the fact that God has always prohibited the act and
3. To re-emphasize the Christian stand on this issue.
From time immemorial, the homosexual act had been an abomination in God’s eyes. The account in Gen 19:5 justifies the character given to this depraved act in the preceding chapter of Gen 18:20, and later in Gen 23:13. As it is a crime, so it is the deepest disgrace to human nature. It is too bad to be described and in its iniquitous nature, it has a name, Sodomy, after the city of Sodom. Homosexual act earns the death penalty in some countries.
1. How can you describe the attribute of God in Gen 18:20-21 with reference to Num 14:18 and relate this to the judgment of God on homosexuals? Col 3:6; Rev 21:8; Rev 21:22.
2. Is homosexual act a recent practice among mankind? Justify with reference to Gen 19:4-5; Jug. 19:22; Rom 1:27. Why do Christians react to the issue as if it started in our generation? Pro 1:24,29; Isa 5:13; Jer. 9:6.
3. How will you describe the spiritual infirmities of homosexuals today in the context of the spiritual blindness inflicted on them in Gen 19:9-10? Matt 15:14; John 3:19
4. What should be the Christian response to the current problem of homosexuals in the church and in the world? Phill. 3:2
One of the awful attributes of God is “slow to anger”. Therefore, his patience on homosexuals is not because of impotence but because of His forbearance and readiness to forgive homosexuals, if they will repent and turn to him. Christians must know this fact and seek ways to help save homosexuals without letting their garments as Christians be stained in the process.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
If homosexuals are abominations to God, so they are to His Church!
1Cor 6:9 “Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites”.