🎯TOPIC:THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST
📺 WATCH THE DEVOTION VIA THE LINK BELOW 👇
✝TEXT: Matthew 24:30-51(NKJV)
30. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn and beat their breasts and lament in anguish, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory [in brilliancy and splendor]. [Dan. 7:13; Rev. 1:7.]
31. And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect (His chosen ones) from the four winds, [even] from one end of the universe to the other. [Isa. 27:13; Zech. 9:14.]
32. From the fig tree learn this lesson: as soon as its young shoots become soft and tender and it puts out its leaves, you know of a surety that summer is near.
33. So also when you see these signs, all taken together, coming to pass, you may know of a surety that He is near, at the very doors.
34. Truly I tell you, this generation (the whole multitude of people living at the same time, in a definite, given period) will not pass away till all these things taken together take place.
35. Sky and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
36. But of that [exact] day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
37. As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
38. For just as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, [men] marrying and [women] being given in marriage, until the [very] day when Noah went into theark,
39. And they did not know or understand until the flood came and swept them all away–so will be the coming of the Son of Man. [Gen. 6:5-8; 7:6-24.]40. At that time two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one will be left.
41. Two women will be grinding at the hand mill; one will be taken and one will be left.42. Watch therefore [give strict attention, be cautious and active], for you do not know in what kind of a day [whether a near or remote one] your Lord is coming.43. But understand this: had the householder known in what [part of the night, whether in a night or a morning] watch the thief was coming, he would have watched and wouldnot have allowed his house to be undermined and broken into.
44. You also must be ready therefore, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not expect Him.
45. Who then is the faithful, thoughtful, and wise servant, whom his master has put in charge of his household to give to the others the food and supplies at the proper time?
46. Blessed (happy, fortunate, and to be envied) is that servantwhom, when his master comes, he will find so doing.
47. I solemnly declare to you, he will set him over all his possessions.
48. But if that servant is wicked and says to himself, My master is delayed and is going to be gone a long time,
49. And begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with the drunken,
50. The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour of which he is not aware,
51. And will punish him [cut him up by scourging] and put him with the pretenders (hypocrites); there will beweeping and grinding of teeth.
✝🗒STUDY: Yesterday, we discussed about the tribulation and great tribulation in the events of the end time. The next event will be the appearing of the Son of Man in the sky, the trumpet sound and the gathering of the dead and living saints in the air. This is called the rapture. We should learn from the fig tree (Israel) to know when it is near. However, only God knows the exact day and time. Life will be going on as usual and Christians should watch and be ready for Christ’s return. Only faithful servants of Christ will be blessed and rewarded.
Jesus will surely come the second time and all eyes will see Him. Some people may think that the Master is delaying His coming. As you do not know when the Master will return what should you do? We need to be watchful, prayerful, and spreading the gospel before He returns. Avoid distractions of sinful living and be a faithful servant. If there is any time to be more careful as we await his return, it is now. Examine your life and make amends now so as to be ready for the second coming of Christ.
✝🙏 PRAYER: Father, help me to follow you daily with zeal until we see you face to face. Amen.
TO PARTNER/SUPPORT ACNNTV IN REACHING OUT TO THE WORLD WITH THE UNDILUTED WORD OF GOD, MAKE YOUR DONATIONS VIA OUR WEBSITE 👇
Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion ACNN ACCOUNT
Thank you as you join the Kingdom Partners today….