✝TOPIC: BEWARE OF THE EPHEMERALS!
📺 WATCH THE DEVOTION VIA THE LINK BELOW 👇
✝📖TEXT: Mark 13:1-23(NKJV)
1. Then as He went out of the temple, one of His disciples said to Him, “Teacher, see what manner of stones and what buildings [are here!”]
2. And Jesus answered and said to him, “Do you see these great buildings? Not [one] stone shall be left upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”
3. Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John, and Andrew asked Him privately,
4. “Tell us, when will these things be? And what [will be] the sign when all these things will be fulfilled?”
5. And Jesus, answering them, began to say: “Take heed that no one deceives you.
6. “For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am [He,’] and will deceive many.
7. “But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for [such things] must happen, but the end [is] not yet.
8. “For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and troubles. These [are] the beginnings of sorrows.
9. “But watch out for yourselves, for they will deliver you up to councils, and you will be beaten in the synagogues. You will be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony to them.
10. “And the gospel must first be preached to all the nations.
11. “But when they arrest [you] and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.
12. “Now brother will betray brother to death, and a father [his] child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.
13. “And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
14. ” So when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not” (let the reader understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
15. “Let him who is on the housetop not go down into the house, nor enter to take anything out of his house.
16. “And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes.
17. “But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!
18. “And pray that your flight may not be in winter.
19. “For [in] those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, norearthl1q be.
20. “And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.
21. “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here [is] the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, [He is] there!’ do not believe it.
22. “For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
23. “But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.
✝🗒STUDY: Read verses 1 and 2 again. To be sure, Jesus had no personal hatred for the Jewish Temple or any other edifice for that matter. He is not against human accomplishments. The great lesson here, which Jesus points out, is that we must flee every temptation to ascribe glory to ourselves and our accomplishments. In the context of that time, the Temple had become for the Jews, a center of national pride. They cherished it more than they cherished the God for whom the Temple was built and dedicated. In fact, they worshipped the Temple more than they worshipped God! Today, most human passions, energy, time and resources are dedicated to pursuing monuments and edifices, accomplishments that bring glory and pride not to God but to us. But Jesus has one message for us in all of this: A time will come when “not one stone will be left on another” (v.2). Whatever achievements we toil for in this life will one day either leave us or we will leave them. Only the things we do that have eternal value will outlast us. You must, therefore, live with this understanding: All earthly things will pass away. So, seek after love, righteousness,justice and the things that make for godliness- with contentment.
✝🙏PRAYER: lord, may I live in the knowledge that the things I do in your name and for your glory alone will really matter in the end
TO PARTNER/SUPPORT ACNNTV IN REACHING OUT TO THE WORLD WITH THE UNDILUTED WORD OF GOD, MAKE YOUR DONATIONS INTO:
Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion ACNN ACCOUNT
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL…