🎯TOPIC: THE PHARAOH THAT KNEW NOT JOSEPH
📺 WATCH THE DEVOTION VIA THE LINK BELOW 👇
✝️TEXT: Exodus 1(AMP)
1. THESE ARE the names of the sons of Israel who came into Egypt with Jacob, each with his household:
2. Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah,
3. Issachar, Zebulun, and Benjamin,
4. Dan and Naphtali, Gad and Asher.
5. All the offspring of Jacob were seventy persons; Joseph was already in Egypt.
6. Then Joseph died, and all his brothers and all that generation.
7. But the descendants of Israel were fruitful and increased abundantly; they multiplied and grew exceedingly strong, and the land was full of them.
8. Now a new king arose over Egypt who did not know Joseph.
9. He said to his people, Behold, the Israelites are too many and too mighty for us [and they outnumber us both in people and in strength].
10. Come, let us deal shrewdly with them, lest they multiply more and, should war befall us, they join our enemies, fight against us, and escape out of the land.
11. So they set over [the Israelites] taskmasters to afflict and oppress them with [increased] burdens. And [the Israelites] built Pithom and Rameses as store cities for Pharaoh.
12. But the more [the Egyptians] oppressed them, the more they multiplied and expanded, so that [the Egyptians] were vexed and alarmed because of the Israelites.
13. And the Egyptians reduced the Israelites to severe slavery.
14. They made their lives bitter with hard service in mortar, brick, and all kinds of work in the field. All their service was with harshness and severity.
15. Then the king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, of whom one was named Shiprah and the other Puah,
16. When you act as midwives to the Hebrew women and see them on the birthstool, if it is a son, you shall kill him; but if it is a daughter, she shall live.
17. But the midwives feared God and did not do as the king of Egypt commanded, but let the male babies live.
18. So the king of Egypt called for the midwives and said to them, Why have you done this thing and allowed the male children to live?
19. The midwives answered Pharaoh, Because the Hebrew women are not like the Egyptian women; they are vigorous and quickly delivered; their babies are born before the midwife comes to them.
20. So God dealt well with the midwives and the people multiplied and became very strong.
21. And because the midwives revered and feared God, He made them households [of their own].
22. Then Pharaoh charged all his people, saying, Every son born [to the Hebrews] you shall cast into the river [Nile], but every daughter you shall allow to live.
✝️🗒️STUDY: Joseph was Governor and second in command of all Egypt (Gen. 41:41,45c) under Pharaoh. Later a new Pharaoh arose that knew not Joseph. Biblical evidence and Egyptian history point to the fact that this Pharaoh could be a foreigner of Syro-Palestinian who was known as the Hyksos who invaded Egypt and ruled only the Northern part from 1664-1555 BC.(True Watchers: Evidence for Joseph from Egypt).This Pharaoh felt threatened by the Israelites and decided to make the Israelites serve as slaves with hard labor. God was with the Israelites as they grew and multiplied. Pharaoh ordered the midwives: Shiphrah and Puah to kill the male children at birth, but they feared God and saved them alive. They gave excuses to Pharaoh (Exo. 1:19).God therefore dealt well with the midwives and provided households for them.<br>God knows what you are going through. Is someone greater than you persecuting you? Trust God and He will change your situation. No matter the plans of the enemy against you, he will not succeed. Continue to obey God always. There is reward for fearing and obeying the Lord, so shun evil and do the right. Get to know Jesus Christ today and know victory.
✝️🙏 PRAYER: Dear Father, grant me boldness to stand for righteousness in Jesus name.
TO PARTNER/SUPPORT ACNNTV IN REACHING OUT TO THE WORLD WITH THE UNDILUTED WORD OF GOD, MAKE YOUR DONATIONS VIA OUR WEBSITE 👇
Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion ACNN ACCOUNT
Thank you as you join the Kingdom Partners today….