✝? DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
✝?TOPIC: LIVING BY FAITH
? WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTION HERE??
✝?TEXT: ROMANS 4: 13-25(NKJV)
13. For the promise that he would be the heir of the world [was] not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
14. For if those who are of the law [are] heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect,
15. because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law [there is] no transgression.
16. Therefore [it is] of faith that [it might be] according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all
17. (as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed — God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;
18. who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, “So shall your descendants be.”
19. And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb.
20. He did not waver orruptible man — and birds and belief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God,
21. and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.
22. And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.”
23. Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him,
24. but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead,
25. who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.
The golden thread of people who through faith made God to establish a lasting covenant with them and their descendants runs through history. Abraham stands out as a good example. Paul explains that Abraham pleased God through faith (v.16). Abraham never doubted that God would fulfil His promise. He looked to God, obeyed Him, and waited for Him to fulfil His word. God’s timing may be different from ours;faith, patience and trust are highly needed in our Christian journey. Psalm 105:18-19 says “Until God fulfilled His promise to Joseph, He allowed his word to try him. The promise God gave to Abraham was fulfilled in Jesus Christwho was from Abraham’s line, and through whom the whole world was blessed (Gen. 12:3).
Your faith, trust and confidence in God are great acts of worship. A child’s trust in his parents to take care of his needs is a mark of honour. Hebrews 10:14 says “Do not cast away your confidence in God which has a great reward.” God can be trusted, even when you cannot predict the outcome. Remain faithful and trustworthy in those challenges you may be facing now; God will make a way where there is no way. He made bitter water to become sweet to the Israelites (Exodus 15:22-24). The God of Abraham will make you to smile. Only believe, trust and obey.
✝?PRAYER: With faith, ask God to cause that serious challenge facing you to be turned to your testimony.