✝?DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
✝?TOPIC: BE CAREFUL
? WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTION HERE??
✝?TEXT: PSALM 137(NKJV)
1. By the rivers of Babylon, There we sat down, yea, we wept When we remembered Zion.
2. We hung our harps Upon the willows in the midst of it.
3. For there those who carried us away captive asked of us a song, And those who plundered us [requested] mirth, [Saying,] “Sing us [one] of the songs of Zion!”
4. How shall we sing the LORD’s song In a foreign land?
5. If I forget you, O Jerusalem, Let my right hand forget [its skill!]
6. If I do not remember you, Let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth — If I do not exalt Jerusalem Above my chief joy.
7. Remember, O LORD, against the sons of Edom The day of Jerusalem, Who said, “Raze [it,] raze [it,] To its very foundation!”
8. O daughter of Babylon, who are to be destroyed, Happy the one who repays you as you have served us!
9. Happy the one who takes and dashes Your little ones against the rock!
To be proactive is to control a situation by making things happen rather than waiting for things to happen and then reacting to them. For many years, prophets warned the Israelites that they would be punished if they did not repent;they did not heed to this advice. Then in 587BC, they were invaded by the Babylonians and taken captive. As we can observe from our text, the captives sat and wept- it was the destruction of their cherished house of God that caused them the greatest grief. The Edomites were happy to see the destruction of Jerusalem;they wanted it destroyed (v.7). Don’t rejoice at the downfall of people. The measure you give will be the measure you will also receive. There was a call for vengeance against the Babylonians for their inhuman treatment to the Israelites especially the children (vv.8-9).
The Israelites were not comfortable in a strange land;they even refused to sing the Lord’s song there. The Lord has given you freedom through the death of Jesus Christ;don’t put yourself into any form of slavery again. Sin is a reproach and it can make you to lose your right and freedom. The Israelites were not relaxed in a strange land. In the same way, don’t live and act as if life ends here – heaven is our home. Be more conscious of eternity than of earthly things. Remember, it is never late to make a fresh and strong beginning.
✝? PRAYER: Heavenly Father, do not cast me away from Your presence, rather restore to me the joy of your salvation