✝️🔎TOPIC: LOVE YOUR ENEMIES
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: LUKE 6:27-38(NKJV)
27. ” But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
28. “bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.
29. “To him who strikes you on the [one] cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold [your] tunic either.
30. “Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask [them] back.
31. “And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.
32. “But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33. “And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
34. “And if you lend [to those] from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back.
35. “But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.
36. “Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.
37. ” Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
38. “Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
One of the principles by which members of the kingdom of Christ here on earth operate is loving one’s enemies. In today’s reading, we see the emphasis of our Lord Jesus Christ on the place of kindness in relating with an enemy. Jesus forbids hostility against those who hate us. We are encouraged to wage war against our spiritual enemies (Eph. 6:10-18) and deal with people around us with love and compassion. The kingdom principle says love your enemies (Matt. 5:43-48). Romans 12:17-21 makes it clear that it is good to treat all men with kindness no matter their disposition toward us. Loving your enemies gives you a vintage position above them. spiritually.
Have you been hurt by someone? Is anyone opposing you and looking for your downfall? Have you tried to make peace but constantly met with hostility? Do not relent even when your efforts are being frustrated. As much as it lies in your power, be at peace with all men. Your act of kindness toward your enemies may be a platform for God to bring them to the knowledge of His salvation.
Dear Father, strengthen me to love my enemies and do not give me up to their evil desires, through Jesus Christ. Amen.