✝️🔎TOPIC: NOT WITHOUT GOD
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK BELOW 👇🏽
✝️📖TEXT: LUKE 15:11 – 32(NKJV)
11. Then He said: “A certain man had two sons.
12. “And the younger of them said to [his] father, ‘Father, give me the portion of goods that falls [to me.’] So he divided to them [his] livelihood.
13. “And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together, journeyed to a far country, and there wasted his possessions with prodigal living.
14. “But when he had spent all, there arose a severe famine in that land, and he began to be in want.
15. “Then he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16. “And he would gladly have filled his stomach with the pods that the swine ate, and no one gave him [anything.]
17. “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18. ‘I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you,
19. “and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.” ‘
20. “And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him.
21. “And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.’
22. “But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put [it] on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on [his] feet.
23. ‘And bring the fatted calf here and kill [it,] and let us eat and be merry;
24. ‘for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry.
25. “Now his older son was in the field. And as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing.
26. “So he called one of the servants and asked what these things meant.
27. “And he said to him, ‘Your brother has come, and because he has received him safe and sound, your father has killed the fatted calf.’
28. “But he was angry and would not go in. Therefore his father came out and pleaded with him.
29. “So he answered and said to [his] father, ‘Lo, these many years I have been serving you; I never transgressed your commandment at any time; and yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might make merry with my friends.
30. ‘But as soon as this son of yours came, who has devoured your livelihood with harlots, you killed the fatted calf for him.’
31. “And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours.
32. ‘It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.’ ”
Prodigal living is spending money, time and talent at one’s disposal carelessly and foolishly. The prodigal son received his due from his father and squandered it in reckless living. He believed in himself and went away from the comfort of his father’s home. He thought he could succeed away from his father. He was far from the place of instruction and guidance. At the end, he achieved nothing. He even went as low as feeding with swine. What a life! Thank God that he came to his senses and decided to go back home; to the place where he was ever loved and wanted.
Beloved, God has given you all it takes to succeed. Your successful business life, job or career is but a gift from the Lord. Your time is a great resource from God and must be used to bring glory to God and fulfilment to you. Remember that the gifts, talents and blessings from the Lord are not supposed to separate you from the Lord and His will. You must not take a journey into the wilderness of self-dependence and separation from the will of the Lover of our souls. If you know that your relationship with your heavenly Father has been tampered with by the enemy, today is a good day to return to the Lord because a relationship with Him is the only guarantee of peace, joy and success you need in life. You cannot do without God (John 15:4).
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Lord, give me grace to rely on you and not on my strength, talent and resources in Jesus’ name. Amen.