✝️🔎TOPIC: BEWARE OF STUMBLING BLOCKS
WATCH TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE VIA THIS LINK 👇🏽
TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 3:23-29(NKJV)
23. ” Then I pleaded with the LORD at that time, saying:
24. ‘O Lord GOD, You have begun to show Your servant Your greatness and Your mighty hand, for what god [is there] in heaven or on earth who can do [anything] like Your works and Your mighty [deeds?]
25. ‘I pray, let me cross over and see the good land beyond the Jordan, those pleasant mountains, and Lebanon.’
26. “But the LORD was angry with me on your account, and would not listen to me. So the LORD said to me: ‘Enough of that! Speak no more to Me of this matter.
27. ‘Go up to the top of Pisgah, and lift your eyes toward the west, the north, the south, and the east; behold [it] with your eyes, for you shall not cross over this Jordan.
28. ‘But command Joshua, and encourage him and strengthen him; for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which you will see.’
29. “So we stayed in the valley opposite Beth Peor.
The passage today is a narration of a pathetic and sorrowful experience of Moses, a high profile leader of God’s people. The most disturbing and lamentable aspect of this is what Moses said in verse 26: “But because of you, the Lord was angry with me, and would not listen to me” (cf. 1:37). Alas! Many fine Christians have stumbled because of leadership! Moses was mandated by God to lead the Israelites into the Promised Land, but could not because the people caused him to sin against God (vv. 26-27, cf. Num. 20:9 – 12). One major challenge in leadership or even in living the Christian life is how to relate with people at the same level with us and those below and above us. This has been a major stumbling block to many leaders and Christians. Ability to handle these levels of relationship in humility and patience speaks volumes about the maturity of the Christian or Christian leader. We should not allow people or the service rendered to God and humanity to become a stumbling block to us; this can mar our chances of reaching our goal the Kingdom of God. Note also that in the text, Moses was directed by God to commission, encourage and strengthen Joshua to take over the mantle of leadership from him (v.28). As leaders, let us work hard to get suitable replacements under God to continue the work.
✝️🙏🏽PRAYER: Help me Oh Lord to identify and remove the stumbling
blocks in my Christian race in Jesus ‘Name. Amen.