THE COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE NATIONAL ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM) OF THE ANGLICAN YOUTH FELLOWSHIP (NIGERIA) HELD FROM FRIDAY 27TH THROUGH SUNDAY 29TH MAY IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD, 2022, AT CHRIST CHURCH DEANARY, SATELLITE TOWN, DIOCESE OF CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE.
The National Annual General Meeting of the Anglican Youth Fellowship (Nigeria) held under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the leadership of the National President, Bro. Akpata Alex Amkpita had a total of 192 registered delegates across the 3 JEPCs, 13 Provinces, and 75 Dioceses.
The AGM featured: Holy Communion, presidential charge, presentation of various reports, Anglican Youth Fellowship (AYF) publications, Constitutional amendment, etc.
The AGM was graced with the presence of the following personalities: His Lordship, The Rt Rev’d. (Prof) Nneoyi Onen Egbe, Lord Bishop Diocese of Calabar, Rev’d Canon. Dr. George Eni the Diocesan AYF Chaplain, Rev’d Canon Lazarus Aneke, Rev’d Prof. Emmanuel Ekanem, Rev’d Olubayode Victor are all from the Diocese of Uyo. Bro. Lloyd A. H. Brown – Immediate Past National President AYF Nig, Bro Innocent wohsa and other former National, JEPCs, Provincial, Diocesan Officers, and other dignitaries.
The AGM was declared open by host Bishop His Lordship, The Rt Rev’d. (Prof) Nneoyi Onen Egbe on Saturday, 28th May 2022 at 8:32 am in the name of God the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.
At the end of the AGM, the communiqué:
- Sincerely appreciates the Almighty God for His divine mercies and unquantifiable grace bestowed on us all and for His love and the protection we have enjoyed as Anglican Youth Fellowship (Nigeria).
- appreciates our primate, His Grace, The Most Rev’d Dr. Henry C. Ndukuba for his approval and episcopal support towards this program; the Archbishop of the Province of Niger Delta, His Grace, the Most. Rev’d. Blessing C. Enyindah, the Lord Bishop of the diocese of Calabar, His Lordship, The Rt. Rev.d (Prof) Nneoyi Onen Egbe, the Diocesan AYF Chaplain, Rev’d Canon Dr. George Eni and the vicar of host church Rev’d Canon Lazarus Anake for their love, passion, high level of commitment to youth development and support towards the success of this AGM.
- Congratulates the JEPC2 President Bro. Chinedu Joseph Onwuka, the Niger Delta Provincial President, Bro. Alasin Captain Briggs (KSC) (Ph.D.), the president of the diocese of Calabar Bro Ezeobi Nnamdi David and their team of executives for praying, planning, and hosting the AGM and prayed God to bless them richly. Amen.
- Admonishes youths not to relent in being strong and courageous while encouraging youths to arise and take action because the ball is in their court.
- Charges youths to make a deliberate effort to study the book of the law (Bible) just as Joshua was commanded in the Holy Scripture.
- Reiterates that Jesus is The Way and not a way as professed by some religions and as such charges youths to be in Christ because if one is not in Christ, he/she cannot have a new life; while also urges youths to possess the fruits of the spirit.
- Encourages youths to get their Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) and actively participate in the forthcoming general elections while admonishing youths to vote for persons with integrity and those who have the interest of the masses at heart.
- Admonishes youths to use social media to propagate the Gospel and other legal meaningful activities rather than using them to engage in activities that do not depict the image of Christ.
- Urges the government and critical stakeholders in education to embark on holistic restructuring of the educational sector wherein there has been a dearth of infrastructure, poor remuneration of teachers, lack of practical/technical oriented curriculum, and over-dependence on paper certificates instead of competence and regrets that the incessant strike actions by Academic and non-academic Staff Unions of Universities and Polytechnics are regrettable and avoidable if the government demonstrates good leadership.
- Strongly advises youths that there is more beauty in decent dressing while encouraging parents/guardians to guard their wards in decent dressing as their body is the temple of God.
- Encourages youths to shun cultism by all means and uphold Godliness regardless of societal pressure but emulate Joshua in the holy scripture in being strong and courageous in their faith.
- Congratulates the new councilors at various levels of the fellowship and charges them to be steadfast and committed in their various offices as we are all accountable to God.
- Condoles with the JEPC2, Niger Delta Province, Uyo Diocesan Council, and the immediate family of the late Provincial President of the Niger Delta, Bro. Efet Douglas Efet whose death occurred on 31st January 2022 and prayed that the good Lord grants all of us the fortitude to bear this irreplaceable loss.
- Finally appreciates all the delegates to the AGM, host Diocese, and Church for their generosity and hospitality; the Planning Committee for their untiring efforts. May the good Lord bless you all in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Sis Nnenna Ifeoma Oshibe Bro. Ifeoluwa Emmanuel
AYF National Secretary AYF National PRO
Alex Amkpita Akpata
AYF National President
Rt. Rev’d Prosper Amah
National Coordinator, AYF Nigeria