🎯TOPIC: HAVE A GOOD TESTIMONY
📺 WATCH THE DEVOTION VIA THE LINK BELOW 👇
✝TEXT: Acts 16:1-15(AMP)
1. AND [Paul] went down to Derbe and also to Lystra. A disciple named Timothy was there, the son of a Jewish woman who was a believer [she had become convinced that Jesus is the Messiah and the Author of eternal salvation, and yielded obedience to Him]; but [Timothy’s] father was a Greek.
2. He [Timothy] had a good reputation among the brethren at Lystra and Iconium.
3. Paul desired Timothy to go with him [as a missionary]; and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews that were in those places, all of whom knew that his father was a Greek.
4. As they went on their way from town to town, they delivered over [to the assemblies] for their observance the regulations decided upon by the apostles and elders who were at Jerusalem.
5. So the churches were strengthened and made firm in the faith, and they increased in number day after day.
6. And Paul and Silas passed through the territory of Phrygia and Galatia, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to proclaim the Word in [the province of] Asia.
7. And when they had come opposite Mysia, they tried to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them.
8. So passing by Mysia, they went down to Troas.
9. [There] a vision appeared to Paul in the night: a man from Macedonia stood pleading with him and saying, Come over to Macedonia and help us!
10. And when he had seen the vision, we [including Luke] at once endeavored to go on into Macedonia, confidently inferring that God had called us to proclaim the glad tidings (Gospel) to them.
11. Therefore, setting sail from Troas, we came in a direct course to Samothrace, and the next day went on to Neapolis.
12. And from there [we came] to Philippi, which is the chief city of the district of Macedonia and a [Roman] colony. We stayed on in this place some days;
13. And on the Sabbath day we went outside the [city’s] gate to the bank of the river where we supposed there was an [accustomed] place of prayer, and we sat down and addressed the women who had assembled there.
14. One of those who listened to us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a dealer in fabrics dyed in purple. She was [already] a worshiper of God, and the Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul.
15. And when she was baptized along with her household, she earnestly entreated us, saying, If in your opinion I am one really convinced [that Jesus is the Messiah and the Author of salvation] and that I will be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay. And she induced us [to do it].
✝🗒STUDY: The testimony of people concerning your life is important. In the city of Derbe and Lystra, Paul met Timothy. Notice that Timothy had a good reputation among the brethren at Lystra and Iconium. This attracted the interest of Paul towards him and he picked him up for the work of the ministry. Timothy was considered important for the work of the gospel and so Paul circumcised him to create access for him among the Jews because Timothy’s father was a Greek. In this missionary journey we observe how they were directed by the Holy Spirit in their missionary engagements. Paul’s preaching at Philippi led to the conversion and baptism of Lydia and her household.What type of testimony will people give concerning your life? Please create a good testimony in your home, work or business by your Christian conduct. Do not say it does not matter. Most of us today say we are not ashamed of the gospel and yet we bring shame to the gospel. You are the letter people read (2 Cor. 3:2).Your Christian conduct must be accepted in your area of influence for people to accept your message. Reposition yourself for acceptable service and have a good testimony.
✝🙏 PRAYER: Father, grant me grace to live a Christ-like life in my generation in Jesus’ name, Amen.
TO PARTNER/SUPPORT ACNNTV IN REACHING OUT TO THE WORLD WITH THE UNDILUTED WORD OF GOD, MAKE YOUR DONATIONS VIA OUR WEBSITE 👇
Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion ACNN ACCOUNT
Thank you as you join the Kingdom Partners today….